Sponsorship Question

Check here for the latest updates
kriswharton

Sponsorship Question

Post by kriswharton »

Can a person sponsor more than one Pilgrim at a time?

My wife and I are trying to get a group of people from our Church to attend, but we are the only Emmaus members in our congregation.

What if we had more than 2 prospective Pilgrims for the same walk? There are only 2 of us.

If we can handle the Sponsorship responsibilities can we sponsor more than one person?

Thanks,

Kris & Paige Wharton
eric bass

Re: Sponsorship Question

Post by eric bass »

As long as you are able to fulfill all of the responsibilities for the pilgrims, yes, you can sponsor more than one pilgrim. Keep in mind that there are many responsibilities. Please refer to the sponsorship book.

Overall, please make sure you are able to give your pilgrims the best walk experience possible. You don't want to overextend yourself and your responsibilites as a sponsor. If this is your first time to sponsor, you may consider only sponsoring one pilgrim each. Then the next walk, you can show two new people the responsibilities of sponsorship.

Something else to remember, during the walk, we try not to put two people from the same church at the same table.

Pray for those who are interested in going and let God guide you.
kriswharton

Post by kriswharton »

Thanks for the info Eric.

I have sponsored 2 persons for Chrysalis and one (my wife) for Emmaus. We have some very good candidates at our church especially for a Women's Walk. I suppose for a full walk we could have as many as 6 apply and they would still be able to be at different tables. We may not get that many, but it's good to know that flexibility is an option.
eric bass

Post by eric bass »

Do you have a sponsorship book?