AUGUST 15, 2011
SUBJECT: EL SHADDAI EMMAUS COMMUNITY SEXUAL HARASSMENT POLICY
Sexual harassment is a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and therefore it is against the policies of the El Shaddai Emmaus Community for any person of the community, male or female, to sexually harass another member by;
a) Making unwelcome sexual advances or requests for sexual favors or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
b) Creating an intimidating or hostile environment or making offensive gestures at any El Shaddai Emmaus event.
SEXUAL HARASSMENT RESOLUTION PROCEDURE
1. Any El Shaddai Emmaus Community member who believes he or she has been the subject of sexual harassment should report the alleged act immediately to the Community Lay Director (CLD) or the Community Spiritual Director (CSD) or any Board Member (BM).
2. All reports will be handled in a timely and confidential manner. In no event will information concerning a report be released by the Board to third parties or to anyone within the Community who is not involved with the investigation unless required by the process of law. Nor will anyone involved be permitted to discuss the subject outside the investigation. The purpose of this provision is to protect the confidentiality of the person who files a complaint, to encourage the reporting of any incidents of sexual harassment, and to protect the reputation of any person wrongfully charged with sexual harassment.
3. Investigation and documentation of a report will normally include conferring with the parties involved and any named or apparent witnesses.
4. If the investigation reveals that the report is valid, prompt attention and disciplinary action designed to stop the harassment immediately and to prevent its recurrence will be taken.
5. Disciplinary action can include written documentation, suspension of any/all activities within the El Shaddai Emmaus Community, or being banned entirely from the El Shaddai Emmaus Community.
6. It is the El Shaddai Board of Directors opinion that if a person has been violated in any way that he/she seeks counsel from an attorney and prosecute the alleged perpetrator in pursuit of the law.
The El Shaddai Emmaus Community recognizes that the question of whether a particular action or incident is a purely personal, social relationship without discriminatory action requires a factual determination based on all facts in the matter. Given the nature of this type of discrimination, the Board recognizes also that false accusations of sexual harassment can have serious effects on innocent individuals. We trust that all El Shaddai Emmaus members will continue to act responsibly to establish and maintain a pleasant environment, free of discrimination, for all. The El Shaddai Emmaus Board encourages any member to raise questions he or she may have regarding discrimination or affirmative action with the El Shaddai Board of Directors.
Check here for the latest updates
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest